Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Friday, October 1, 2010

Napa Recap, Slideshow; Harrison Hires Martin Damm as Full-time Coach

My article for Tennis Recruiting Network this week is on the Land Rover Napa Valley Classic, which had juniors facing collegians for the first time. It was my first trip to the event, and despite all the glowing reports I'd received from college coaches in past years, somehow the tournament managed to meet all my expectations. Cal-Berkeley coach Peter Wright deserves a great deal of credit for thinking outside the box and seeing this innovative concept to its fruition. I hope the article answers some of the questions I've received on how it stays within NCAA regulations. I also hope the slideshow gives some hint of the beauty of the locale.



I've posted a final draw from the tournament for those who are interested in the round robin groups and standings.

Peter Bodo broke the news today on his TennisWorld blog that Ryan Harrison would be working and traveling full time with Martin Damm. For the complete story, and the good news that Ryan's brother Christian is back on court, click here.

0 comments: