Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Monday, June 26, 2006

Meister, Hansen Win 18s So Cal Sectionals




I'm not clear enough on my Southern California geography to explain just why JT Sundling gets top billing in this story even though Nick Meister won the Boys' 18s, but I guess the Los Angeles Daily News does not consider those players in Orange County "local" and sports, especially high school sports, is all about local. I'm not sure anyone but his parents care that a player finished 16th, but it's reported here. Logan Hansen also isn't LA Daily News "local," but it is impressive that she's now won three sectional titles in a section as strong as Southern California.

For those of you who may watch Around The Horn the ESPN sports talk show that precedes Pardon The Interruption (I rarely watch ATH, but I'm completely hooked on PTI), Kevin Blackistone, a frequent columnist/guest/pundit, has a piece on dallasnews.com (registration required) about the coming dark ages of American men's tennis now that Agassi is retiring. See if you agree.

0 comments: