Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Sunday, October 2, 2005

Davis Cup Exclusive with Alex Clayton::The Official Web Site of Andy Roddick


Davis Cup Exclusive with Alex Clayton::The Official Web Site of Andy Roddick~~~
You've got to love the photo of the whole crew on Leuven's cobblestoned streets and salute AR.com (as they refer to themselves) for putting up a story about Alex Clayton's experience with the Davis Cup team. There are a couple of errors I noticed--Alex is 17, not 16; he knew he was a hitting partner before he won the U.S. Open Jr. Doubles title; Pat McEnroe extends the invitations--but I'm always to happy to listen when Clayton talks tennis.

This (awkward) sentence got me thinking though:

Practicing with the pros helps juniors realize their dream to compete at that level is attainable.

Does anyone ever come back from the experience saying, "I'm not good enough to play at this level, no matter how hard I try. I better start thinking about a different career." Seems unlikely.

0 comments: